Business Manager (m/f/d)
Our customer is a successful automotive supplier from the interior sector, which is represented in over 19 countries with more than 60 locations and employs over 22,000 employees worldwide.
We are searching a Business Manager (m/f/d) located in Czech Republic.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supports the Programme Development Team (PDT) & Plant for all running changes / introduction life-cycle for all financial requirements of the programme(s).
- Manages the scope of all financials of new programmes to the companies’ commercial business unit (CBU) product portfolio.
- Manages the scope of all financials of running changes to existing programmes with in the CBU / Plant product portfolio.
- Generation of a QMS for all changes post the business award level QMS
- Supports the commercial aspects of development and implementation of VA/VE ideas to support company´s requirements.
- Supports the sales / programme management on the response to new business acquisition RFQ’s and programme related RFQ packages
- Engenders a philosophy of ‘managed’ change control through all aspects of the organisation associated with (project and) programme management
- Establish and report on a regular basis an overview of the programme(s) financial status to management
- Is directly accountable to the Snr B.mgr / B.Mgmt Director for the related customer(s) at a core functional level for the successful financial status of all relevant programmes ensuring all agreed / company standard metrics are achieved.
- Is directly accountable to the programme manager for the related customer(s), at a programme level for the successful financial status of a programme ensuring all agreed company standard metrics are achieved
- Defining and managing the scope and requirements of the programme(s) financials
- Define, maintain and adapt, via controlled change, programme financials for all areas to meet the key metrics.
- Financial development, sign off and reporting for programmes sales pricing & cost, tool investment, capital investment, engineering development and design cost
- Ensure all aspects of the programme are maintained and developed to meet the minimum financial objective requirements of the programme.
- Utilising standard company formats and costing data, responsible for coordinating the development of pricing estimates which include direct cost, fixed overhead, capital required, startup costs, and tooling for engineering change quotations. Presentation and support of this data to senior management and/or customer representatives will be routine.
- Utilising the QMS, manage changes to programme financials - impacting price, cost, tooling and CAPEX and drive their resolution either directly or with the use of other disciplines.
- Primary cross-functional interface for the customer(s) and the company PDT(s) for financial negotiations in order to define the full scope of the programme(s) supporting the programme manager.
- Liaise with and support the reporting of accurate forecast and actual programme financials in conjunction with the project controller through the programme manager.
- Supports all necessary regular cross-functional meetings to ensure a sufficiently detailed level of cost communication is maintained.
- Manage, maintain and adapt overall programme financial budgets and actuals in conjunction with the key department stakeholders & customer(s) in order to maintain metrics.
- Development, reporting and monitoring of the programmes sales pricing & cost, tool investment (TAR & Cash Flow), capital investment (CAR), engineering development and design (PDP) cost status against the standard company metrics or as established at business case sign off & programme award, supported and guided by the responsible programme manager and project controller.
- Manages, maintains and communicates the programme(s) financial status reporting and sign off requirements to support the required programme financials, including:
- Attendance of the regular programme status PDT meetings
- Monthly Programme reviews with the appropriate management teams
- GDLS Phase Management Gateway Review Fresh Eyes reviews
- GDLS Phase Management Gateway Review Sign Off
- Monthly Operating Report (MOR)
- Financial Reporting
- Ensure correct escalation and reporting of programme financial issues in a timely manner to the relevant management level in order to engender successful resolution through the programme manager.
- Bachelors degree in Programme Management, and /or Engineering and/or Business Administration or equivalent job related experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in the automotive industry, ideally in programme management with in a suitably / substantially sized regional or global organisation.
- Good working knowledge / understanding industry standards & related procedures inc: APQP, PPAP, TS16949,
- Sufficient verbal and written English and German language skills
- Willingness to travel
- Flexibility to change priorities in response to changing programme demands