Engineering Manufacturing Manager (m/f/d)
Our client is a very successful German family business in the automotive industry with 10,000 employees at over 80 locations worldwide. Since more than 40 years in North-America. We are searching an Engineering Manufacturing Manager (m/f/d) for a plant with 250 associates based West of Detroit, reporting line direct to plant manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordination of Manufacturing Engineering activities after product has launched for the plant assigned.
- Researches and formulates new manufacturing & quality improvement projects that involve improved methods, standards, tools, practice
- Communicates with company personnel and suppliers / vendors to resolve project /quality / customer issues, timing plans, equipment design and delivery strategies, project launch timing and details, engineering changes, etc.
- Reviews and analyses proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible application justify expenditures. Submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds. Conducts experiments and studies utilizing technology proposals to generate factual data on technology / process capabilities to support proposals.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures, progress reports in order to inform management of current status of projects
- Initiates, manages and follows cost reduction projects to reduce manufacturing cost and the cost and consumption of consumables
- Interfaces with production to coordinate / resolve daily problem issues, needed improvements and future plans for manufacturing
- Ensure robustness of manufacturing data, routings, BOM, etc
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering or closely related field.
- Minimum 10 years’ working as a Manufacturing Engineering in processing development, minimum 5 years’ experience working for a manufacturing supplier preferably automotive.
- Strong leadership skills
- Dialogue ability and persuasiveness
- Team spirit
- Minimum five years’ experience supervising employees in a manufacturing environment.
- Lean Manufacturing Methods
- Ability to travel domestically by car or plane
- proficient in Microsoft Office and SAP